So you want to have some yummy paleo treats to bring to a party or to have after a great bike ride. These muffins are the best paleo recipe that I’ve tried. I’ve messed around with it a bit over the years, and I’ve found that by adding blueberries, it adds a real kick to the original Robb Wolf Paleo Banana Muffin Recipe.
gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans, but walnuts work as well)
- 4 really ripe bananas (mashed well)
- 2 tbsp local honey
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Anything higher will burn the almond meal.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the mashed bananas, eggs, and honey, mix well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir until combined. I used a food processor, and mix all the ingredients well.
- Add 1/2 the mix and then put in your blueberries. Then top it up to the 3/4 full and push a few more blueberries into the top. It is going to be a fruit explosion of blue fruit yumminess!
- Fill greased muffin tins, baking cups, mini-loaf pans or big loaf pans about 3/4 full. Bake muffins for 23-25 minutes and loaves for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy with a pat of almond butter, coconut oil or grass-fed butter. Remember the blueberries will still be hot! Mmmm.