This winter in and around Collingwood has been pretty… well wintery. Not everybody is a fan, but here are 5 reasons why it is great!
1. Winter that you can actually do something with! When we have this cold weather and good snow you can actually do winter things! Skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, skating.
2. The skiing conditions are great! You may have to brave the cold, but skiing since mid December?? Nobody can complain about that!
3. I’ve got an Igloo in my backyard. Nuff said.
4. It gives people something to talk about. Since there is no traffic jams here in Collingwood, the automatic default is the weather. “Yep, its cold out there today, it’s good for the hill…” is usually the line that you get.
5. It toughens up your kids. Making them walk to school in minus 20 degree weather is the kind of stuff that builds character. Walking through waist deep snow drifts gives them the right allows to tell stories of childhood hardship to their kids.
This weather is all about perspective, so bundle up and get outside and enjoy it. It will soon be gone in May.