Wild Duck Fajitas
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Marinating Time: 4-6 hours
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 8-12 duck breast fillets, skin off
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rings
- 1 bell pepper, any colour, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rings
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup tequila mmmmm
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- warm flour tortillas
- lime wedges
1. Place duck breast fillets in a shallow plastic or glass container. Arrange red onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño over goose. In a bowl, combine tequila with the next seven ingredients and mix well. Pour mixture over ducks, onions, and peppers. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning often.
2. Pour off and discard marinade. Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add goose and brown evenly on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes each side. Add onions and peppers, and cook until onions are translucent.
3. Remove duck breast when still medium-rare. Allow to rest for a few minutes and then slice thinly across the grain of the meat. Arrange sliced meat on plates, top with onions and peppers, and serve with salsa, tortillas, and lime wedges.