- 4 whole anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons (and up to 3 tablespoons) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar (balsamic makes it nice and rich)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- 1/2 whole lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup extra light tasting olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 dash salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing: Place the anchovies into a blender or food processor. Throw in the Dijon mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire, garlic and lemon juice. Pulse the processor or blend on low speed for several seconds. Scrape down the sides.
With the food processor or blender on, drizzle the olive oil into the mixture in a small stream. Scrape down the sides. Add the Parmesan, salt and a generous grind of black pepper. If you want to keep it strict orthodox “paleo” then forgo the parmesan. Pulse the whole thing together and mix until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate the dressing for a few hours and allow the dressing to marry. The recipe and salad works well without bacon or croutons this dressing will stand on its own.
I think you will find this sauce very flavourful and tangy!