So you want to have some yummy paleo treats to bring to a party or to have after a great bike ride. These muffins are the best paleo recipe that I’ve tried. I’ve messed around with it a bit over the years, and I’ve found that by adding blueberries, it adds a real kick to the original Robb Wolf Paleo Banana Muffin Recipe.
gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans, but walnuts work as well)
- 4 really ripe bananas (mashed well)
- 2 tbsp local honey
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Anything higher will burn the almond meal.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the mashed bananas, eggs, and honey, mix well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir until combined. I used a food processor, and mix all the ingredients well.
- Add 1/2 the mix and then put in your blueberries. Then top it up to the 3/4 full and push a few more blueberries into the top. It is going to be a fruit explosion of blue fruit yumminess!
- Fill greased muffin tins, baking cups, mini-loaf pans or big loaf pans about 3/4 full. Bake muffins for 23-25 minutes and loaves for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy with a pat of almond butter, coconut oil or grass-fed butter. Remember the blueberries will still be hot! Mmmm.
For more recipes that I use quite often click here.
Lars Andersen has been shooting his bow for 10 years and has gone through historical texts and documents to understand instinctive archery and how it applied to combat and archers in battle. This is some crazy skill with both accuracy and rate of fire. Seriously effective as a combat weapon. Check out this short clip!
Paleo Taco Seasoning
Here is a simple tasty substitute for the store bought taco or fajita seasoning mixes.
Paleo Taco Seasoning is a great substitute for store bought MSG loaded taco seasonings. Using natural herbs and spices you can create a tasty substitute. This will also work well for fajitas as well.
When you adopt the paleo or primal lifestyle cooking your own meals and stocking your cupboards with spices is the natural progression. The store bought seasoning mixtures are loaded with sodium as well as MSG or Monosodium Glutamate which is a food additive that will disrupt the neuroregulation of food. MSG = food tasting fantastic which = you eating more food past the normal level of you getting full. MSG can have many names and you should be aware of them. It’s no secret that people are aware that this food additive is bad, but the food industry is sneaky and has many different names for MSG.
2 parts Cumin
1 part Onion powder
1 part Garlic powder
1/2 part cayenne powder
1 part paprika
1 part fresh ground black pepper
1 part sea salt
Mix in bowl with equal parts water and add to ground beef for taco seasoning.
Mix to taste.